Thursday, March 8, 2018

I Would, But I Don't Have Enough Room


I used to hear that ALL OF THE TIME!!!

I get it! People look at their home and start to think “how am I going to fit 15 people in here for a party when I can’t even have a few friends over comfortably?”

Maybe they just don’t want to clean their house and it sounds better to say they don’t have enough room than it sounds to say “my house is a mess and I don’t want to clean it!”

When I hear from a potential hostess that they don’t have enough room, I first make a joke…

“Girl… it isn’t a party if you’re not sitting on someone’s lap, right?”

They will either laugh with me and say “You’re right!” or they will say “no.. I REALLY don’t have enough room!”

If they say “You’re right” go forward with selecting a date for her party!
  
If she continues with the objection then it’s time to get creative and start offering another way for her to host a party…

By hosting a RESTAURANT PARTY!!!

Yep, you read that correctly! Move her party from the typical HOME party to a party at a restaurant.

Here’s why this ROCKS!
· The hostess doesn’t have to clean her house
· She doesn’t have to worry about anyone being allergic to her pets
· She doesn’t have to kick her husband and kids out of the house for her party
· She doesn’t have to spend hours making all of the food
· She doesn’t have to worry about not having enough room!

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig, doesn’t it?

This is making me want to host a restaurant party RIGHT NOW!

Hmm… what company do I need some products from!

The only thing a hostess needs to do for a restaurant party (other than get her guests there) is find the perfect location.

The biggest question I hear from hostesses about restaurant parties is “Do I still take care of the food?”

I recommend that the hostess pays for some small appetizers for everyone and her guests are responsible for anything else that they would like to eat.

Now… if the hostess doesn’t want her friends to have to pay for a meal for her party she can find an alternative location for her party…

Like a clubhouse, church, or community room!

I also suggest that you do some of your own research here, to make this easier on your hostess + make you stand out as a stellar consultant!

Take some time to call around to 5-10 local restaurants, churches or other locations where your hostess could have a party and find out the details for her!  

This way you can have locations already in mind for her as well, which will help you even more in overcoming this objection!

You will want to ask if the location has a space for you to use that would accommodate 15-30 people, what the charge would be to use the room (if any) and if food or beverage can be brought in.

If she chooses to host her party in a location where food is not served she can supply the drinks and ask each guest to bring a dish to pass in order to get a ticket to win a prize.

You (the consultant) will supply the prize, it doesn’t have to be big, and her guests don’t need to know what it is before the party!

Would you give away a small product in order to get another party on your calendar?

Who wouldn’t!?!

Now you’ve learned how to overcome THREE of the most common objectives to hosting parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment